Hi Everyone! Sorry for the late post; my husband and I were busy with a week of visiting friends and family, and I literally had no time to consider doing anything around the house!
In my last post I showed you some things I used to keep my car organized. I decided to make another Kleenex dispenser for my husband’s car so I can show you how I did it, with stuff I had around the house! It took me about 5 to 10 minutes to put together.
You will need:
- a large Ziploc freezer bag
- adhesive velcro–2 pieces cut about 3 inches long, 2 piece cut about 6 inches long
- a pair of scissors
- a box of facial tissues
- Remove the strip of plastic on one side of the velcro, exposing the adhesive, and attach it to the top of the ziploc, just under the zipper strip. Remove the plastic strip on the other side of the same velcro and fold the bag in half over it.
- Flip the bag over so that the zipper part is ON TOP and FACING YOU. Attach the velcro as in the photo, placing them about a half inch to an inch from the edges.
- Gently open the first velcro that you attached so the bag is not folded, but flat. Open your Kleenex box from the side and remove the tissues. Tuck the tissues inside the ziploc bag.
- Cut a slit about 4 or 5 inches long along the top of the tissues. Take out the first tissue, like you would out of a kleenex box. Fold the bag back in half, attaching the first velcro strip back together.
- In the car’s glove box, figure out where you want to place the kleenex along the top part of the glove box. Then, clear everything out of the glove box and remove the strips on the velcro to expose the adhesive. Place your dispenser face down on the bottom of the glove box and gently lift up, pressing the adhesive velcros firmly on the plastic. Return your things back to the glove box as you like. For my husband, that includes a receipt organizer, eyeglass cleaner and hospital stole 🙂
There you have it! Now the car has a built in kleenex keeper and it’ll always be within easy reach.
Hope you’re having a great day and thanks for reading!